Monday, September 13, 2010

Stop and smell the water

Can you believe it's already Fall??? When I first moved here, I fell head over heels in love....with Lake Michigan....so I decided to take a moment to enjoy my favorite part of Milwaukee on one of our last 80 degree days and take some pictures. I sat at the lake and enjoyed the serenity of the water and meditated -my soul is always renewed when I'm near water and the vastness of the Lake is completely calming to me. I realized, I didn't spend NEARLY enough time there this summer and wondered, "how had I let all those days pass by without seeing the lake more often?"

When I treked back up to the road, I was amazed at how many locals jogging by or passing through, stopped to take pictures of this beauty.
It amazed me that no matter if you've lived here all your life, are semi-new to the area, or even just visiting, how the Lake can literally take your breath away. How often do we get so busy, we simply forget it's there?

How can we allow something we love so much go unnoticed?

I reflected on how important it is in all areas of our life, to
simplypay attention to what's important to us.

As summer comes to an end, I've thought about what makes this community so great. ..the Festivals are amazing, the Lake is my love, but what makes Wisconsin such a wonderful place, is the people. It's all of you who stop and say hi, give me your critiques, or just wave and with a thumbs up and say "I love your show"...who make Milwaukee great for me.

I moved here not knowing a single person. At the end of the day, what I've learned is that life isn't about what job you have, where you live, or what car you drive...it's about the people in your life. Family, friends, significant others, and the random someone you learn from just by taking the time to chat with someone new. I've learned now more than ever, how valuable a simple letter, phone call, or making time to together for coffee or a shot of vodka is with the people you care about...I know we're all guilty of sometimes saying.. maybe next time.

So today I ask...what is important in your life that you have gone all summer without "noticing"?

Life is short...don't forget to stop and smell the water.

Enjoy the Pictures...it was a gorgeous day at the Lake -I was sitting in the far left concrete stoop in the picture of the lake!

No comments: