Friday, September 19, 2008

Re-Gifting

We all know that re-gifting is a bit taboo...you open a present at Christmas and realize it's the same thing you gave to that person a year ago. I've seen it happen, and it's not pretty. So is it ever a good idea?

How about re-gifting your heart? I think for the first time in a long time, I’ve allowed my heart to get broken. I’ve realized it’s been wrapped up in a pretty bow in a turquoise Tiffany's box and re-gifted over and over and over again in my lifetime. However, this time I gave it as a gift and I actually let someone open it!! He took it out and looked at... he Oooh'd and Aaahhh'd and said how much he loved it! Then... he dropped it and broke it.

So, I'm trying to pick up the pieces, glue them together and decide if I can re-gift it? Can you give someone the gift of your heart twice, are they trustworthy? Especially after so long of not letting anyone in on it........or am I doomed that butterfingers will do the same things again?

You help me decide.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you've gone with the flashy, Tiffany blue box once and was disappointed and heart-broken, try the Kenneth Fron blue box method... go for 1-of-a-kind quality, passion, trustworthiness and dependability. After all, do you want to get your heart broken and the run around again, or go with someone new and fresh...someone you can trust? If it didn't work the first time, chances are it won't work the second time, either. Save your dignity.

Pulling Tin said...

Nope I think like the old saying goes 1st impressions can be made once. Love happens or it does not. But you do have to try again. That is the roller coaster of life. I have come close to dropping my wife's heart, but regained my grip because our love is worth it. Yes things happen and being married you take some liberties, but you never drop each others hearts. Its like the movies the plate moves in slow motion you think it is going drop and break and BAM sweet catch. You do that for each other. If it drops both people deserve better.